Do you have a compliment or a complaint about ODPP or any question about criminal matters concluded or pending in court?
Please talk to us. We would like to hear from you.
Its functions are:-
- Develop and implement complaints handling strategy procedures and guidelines.
- Advise the Director of Public Prosecutions on a complaints handling process.
- Receive, address and advise on complaints/compliments from the headquarters, stakeholders and the public. Forward complaints emanating and regarding County issues to the relevant County Heads.
- To keep the ODPP informed of any complaints/compliment that may require his urgent and personal attention.
- Establish a data base that records the particulars of each complaint/compliment.
- Develop an IT programme that captures the progress of all the complaints and the incidental matters thereof.
- Establish a complaints handling committee that supports the I.T database on problematic areas.
- Prepare and submit quarterly reports with appropriate recommendations to the Director of Public Prosecutions.
- Developing and implementing a witness and victim support system in ODPP.
- Coordinate and monitor implementation of the above mentioned complaints handling strategy.
What is the procedure of lodging a complaint?
Any member of the public who wishes to lodge a complaint MUST put in writing the nature of the complaint in the form of a letter addressed to the ODPP. The letter should include as much information as possible relevant to the issue being complained of.
The complaint can be sent through:
- Letter (post or hand delivered)
How to register feedback at ODPP
A complement or positive criticism can be sent to:
Tel: 020 2186786 or 0734 939048
Office of Director of Public Prosecutions,
NSSF Building, Block ‘A’, 19th
Box 30701-00100, Nairobi
How to follow up a complaint
Can be through:
- Telephone call
- Face to face interview